• Go to the Notes app
• Tap the camera symbol, then tap Scan Documents
• Place your document in view of the phone’s camera
• If the auto-mode is enabled, your document will scan automatically. If you need to capture a scan manually, tap on the round capture button
• Once captured, you can drag the corners to fit the page. You can then add additional pages or save when done.
• Click the Share icon to email or text the document to yourself.
• Open the Google Drive app
• In the bottom right, tap Add
• Tap on the camera icon to scan
• Take a photograph of the document that you’d like to scan
• Adjust by tapping on the crop icon, re-scan, or add additional pages as required
• When you’re ready tap Done.
Adobe Scan is available as a free app for both iPhones and Android devices. The app has a text-recognition (OCR) feature built-in, useful if you’re scanning filings for your court filing which must be text-searchable. It will automatically store your scans in the Adobe Document Cloud so this is convenient if your firm uses the desktop Adobe Acrobat software.
• After downloading the app, open the app, hold it above your document, wait for the capture
• Follow the on-screen hints. The app uses auto-crop and image cleaning, so once you are satisfied with the output, hit Save.