Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
CLE: Introduction to Cite-Checking
This three-hour cite-checking seminar presented by Deborah Bouchoux, Esq., is a complete overview of basic citation form and includes the following topics:
- Overview of The Bluebook, including its history and structure
- Strategies for effective cite-checking
- Citation form for federal and state cases (including subsequent history)
- Citation form for federal and state statutes
- Citation form for secondary authorities (books, law reviews, and so forth)
- Punctuation in citation form
- The use of short forms such as id. and supra in citations
This presentation provides critical information for both beginning and experienced cite-checkers.
Course is pending approval of three hours of NFPA CLE credit.
21st Editon of The Bluebook is required.
Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 5:30 PM until 8:30 PM
Videoconference information will be provided in an email once payment is received.
Registration is required
Payment In Full In Advance Only
Cancellation Policy/No Show Policy
To cancel a CLE course registration and receive a refund, you must email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, and all requests must be received by 5:00 p.m. no less than three (3) business days before the event date. The cancellation/refund will be subject to an administrative processing fee of 10% of the total cost of the registration fee. Registrants who are “no-shows” for a CLE course, or cancel a registration after 5:00 p.m. three (3) business days before a scheduled course, will not qualify for a refund. In lieu of canceling a registration within the permitted time period, a registrant may send a substitute in his or her place.