1. Express Gratitude. Sounds simple but appreciation for the good things in our lives is one of the keys to managing stress. Each morning, express gratitude for three things, be specific. Write in a notebook and when things get stressed, read your moments of gratitude. A daily gratitude practice can boost the immune system, improve mental and physical health and create a sense of calm during stressful times.
2. Play music. Music is an amazing tool to calm the mind. Put aside work for a few minutes and lose yourself in music.
4. Give back. Consider ways to pay it forward.
5. Get outside for a walk. Working from home with no social interaction.
6. Schedule a virtual coffee. – What we are currently doing.
7. Remind yourself of your shared purpose – remember the greater good that your organization is serving.
8. Share Kindness – show up for those who need extra support, be positive if a colleague becomes a little cranky.
9. Detach from the media.
Let’s all take a collective deep breath, practice gratitude, get yourself out of fight or flight mode and we will be able to tackle whatever challenges come our way.